Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day of Unforeseen Circumstances....

Today was really an unbelievable day of unforeseen circumstances.
It started with my clumsy fall down the stairs from our apartment, which fortunately did not result in anything serious.
In the afternoon, when I was walking to the bus stop, I suddenly realized that my long black skirt was covered in bird poop, literally a huge pool of it. Fortunately, I had a napkin so I was able to wipe some of it off, but other parts of it were stuck on. I was also glad that at least I was heading home. I also kept stepping into "water bombs", broken pieces of cement with water that squirts up your leg when you step on it unsuspectingly.
The most dangerous event that occurred, however, was when a sister and Christine were mugged. I was not with them. They were in another part of town, just happening to talk about how the sister constantly gets mugged, when a man came from behind her and put a glass shard against her arm. The sister gave him her cell phone. The man was looking at Christine, and just when Christine was thinking about kicking the man where it hurts, a man came from behind with a blade in his hand. Christine and the sister managed to run away. It was only afterward that Christine realized the man with the blade had rescued them.
Anyway, the most comforting thing that happened today was that when people in the congregation heard about my fall, 5 people came especially to visit me. The funny thing is, I think they were expecting me to be lying in bed and slightly disabled, but I was up and about fine as can be. I thought about fooling them and lying in bed, whispering "I can't move any muscles, only my lips". But I wouldn't have been able to pull it off!
Today was also the first day of preaching for a new Fujianese publisher in the congregation. She lives very close to us, so we are hoping to preach with her more.
If you got this far, congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment